This program is specifically designed to provide high school soccer athletes and their parents an informative and educational meeting on the college recruitment and admissions process.
Working closely with EDP Soccer and its valued member clubs, these events will be fully funded by the EDP Foundation as it continues its mission to enable young soccer players to reach their full potential on and off the fi eld by creating connections to college.
College Nights can be held at the location of your choice and will be hosted by the EDP Foundation Chair, Peter Gooding, who has coached at the college level for over 30 years, and Milton Gooding who also has extensive college coaching experience at Kenyon College, Amherst College and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Additionally, Milton has built a successful college placement company, serving families from across the country with educational and athletic consulting.
“I think that this lesson was very eye opening. In the way that the information was communicated was candid and forthright. This was a good opportunity as it has made me realize that it is time for me to step up and stop relying on my parents for everything.”
– Cameron Raymond, Player, Future Soccer Academy
“This event was a great complement for what we’re trying to do as a club. We love partnering with the EDP Foundation and all the resources they offer. Anything we can have for our membership, our players, and their families is a great thing.”
– Mike Griffith, Director of Coaching and Soccer Operations, Baltimore Union SC
“It means a tremendous amount to us, for a company like EDP to reach out and collaborate on an event like this. It demonstrates a consistent level of commitment and dedication to youth soccer. We have never had a league do anything like this before…That just shows you the kind of consistent level of dedication and transparency and access that our club feels we have with EDP.”
– Ellis Pierre, Director of Coaching, Maryland Montgomery Rush
12.10.19 | 5:00-6:30PM – Baltimore Union SC (MD) – READ THE ARTICLE
3.9.20 | 7:00-8:30PM – Maryland Rush Montgomery (MD)
1.30.21 | 7:00-8:00PM – Treasure Coast United SC (FL)
4.8.21 | 6:00-7:00PM – PA Dominion FC (PAE)
4.9.21 | 7:00-8:30PM – Westchester Flames F.C. (NYE)
5.12.21 | 7:30-8:30PM – FC Dutchmen (NYE)
5.13.21 | 7:00-8:00PM – Park Slope United (NYE)
6.29.21 | 7:00-8:00PM – Future Soccer Academy (NJ)
9.30.21 | 6:00-7:00PM – New Amsterdam FC (NYE)
College Nights provide an informal, open and interactive forum with parents and students encouraged to discuss and ask questions that are pertinent to them. Topics include, but will not be limited to:
• ACT vs. SAT
• GPA vs. Standardized testing
• Curriculum advice
• College application essays
• Meeting your HS guidance officer
• High School teacher recommendations
• Timing of the application process
• Creating a prospective college list
• Size of a college and the location
• Soccer and Academic resumes
• Recruiting e-mail account
• Scholarships vs. Financial aid
• Merit Scholarships
• DI, DII and DIII – What is the best fit?
• College visits and tour info sessions
• Introduction letter to college coaches
• Extra-curricular activities
• Highlight videos vs. game tapes
• Club coach recommendations
• College ID clinics & camp pros and cons
Please note, EDP Foundation College Nights are designed to provide insight and recommendations and are not intended to replace High School guidance programs. They are one-time events and will not be an ongoing service.
“EDP Foundation College Nights provide players and parents with a unique and invaluable experience by bringing college recruiting experts right to their club. They can ask questions and gain insights in a focused forum that’s not available from any other organization.”
– Peter Gooding, Chair, Board of Directors, EDP Foundation